Saturday, April 7, 2012

Off to e.g. Conference, Monterey

I'm off to San Francisco this afternoon to attend the e.g. Conference. The enormity of the conference hit Hub when the schedule was posted online last Wednesday. He decided then that he would have to go even if it meant missing an important meeting. We are excited, happy and grateful for how things have turned out for Yi. It all started because she worked on her New Year's resolution to do something about her love for art.

The fee to attend the 3-day conference is a whopping USD4000. From what I've read, it's the gathering of great creative minds and new 'rising stars'. I have to admit that I don't know many of the presenters until I read up on them but I do know the beautiful Lena Herzog because I've read about her photography work in magazines. She will speak two slots before my daughter! I heard of Kina Grannis the Youtube singing sensaton from my daughter. She gave a sold-out concert in Kl when I was there two weeks ago. Kina will open the conference on 12th April in Monterey. Most guys/boys will root for Adam Savage, the Mythbuster.

For the first time, the annual e.g. Conference will be streamed online. If you sign up under the presenters' names, you get 50% off and pay only USD100 for 3 days of live full coverage. Do not hold out for You tube broadcasts because only very few presentations are posted on e.g. Conference's website. I think USD100 is definitely a great bargain. Be inspired and motivated by new ideas, inventions and talents. I am especially proud that Yi is (probably) the only Asian Asian presenting this year.




e.g. everywhere (for the live streaming)

12 comments:

Michelle Chin said...

if you need reviews for places to eat, the chowhound forums may be helpful. :)

Laura said...

I'm flying, too this afternoon! ...to Italy!! :)
Have a safe journey!
Send my greetings to Yi ..and say her GOOD LUCK!!
I beg you're proud of her, she's fantastic!! (and I think you're fantastic, too!!).
:)
Laura

... said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, Terri & family! Wish you good fun and good eating :) Keep us posted on your adventures.

Jasmine

... said...

Terri,
Are you visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium? Will you be driving down from SF to LA? There are magnificent views of the Pacific Ocean along the Big Sur Highway (Highway 1) plus you can stop by the pretty coastal towns of Carmel, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara etc. You would need to plot this, some stretches could still be closed from the landslides. Are you going to visit the Stamford University Campus in Palo Alto? Where are you eating in SF, LA and NY? Are you squeezing in a few days at Napa? Sorry for the barrage of questions. I'm just excited you're visiting this beautiful part of the country.

Jasmine

... said...

Sorry, that should have been spelled "Stanford".

Shelby Lim said...

hey Aunty Terri,
Don't have that much money to register =(
Tel me all abt it whn u come back ok? i'm sooooooo excited to hear abt everytihng.. Have fun guys ^^

Anonymous said...

Terri,
Have a great time in US. Hope to see you in N.Y. So proud of Hong Yi.Y.Mah

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Terri! Can't wait to read about yr trip.....am so excited for u :)

Rae

The Real Mother Hen said...

Congrats to your daughter. Have a great trip here and have fun :)

YuinTing said...

Hi Terri, I bet your girl is the first presenter from Malaysia, right? She is truly talented. It will be such a valuable experience for a her. Wish all of you a great time there and can't wait to read about it.

Fooman said...

Have a great trip

tina said...

Have a wonderful time and I am sure we can expect to see lots of pics in due time. Take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...